Monday, October 20, 2008

BabySparkles first trip


Mama and Papa hugged the kids close as the topsy-turvy ride became just a gentle swaying back and forth. The loud noises were scary but they dared not go outside to take a look. Finally, Papa could hear the babies sleeping and then Mama joined them. He kept an eye open while drifting in and out of sleep until he heard a loud crash.


The noise had the whole family awake again. So much time had passed that Papa didn’t know if it was night or day. Now, all that Papa could hear was the loud roaring while he was being pressed tight against Mama and the babies.

“Mama!” Cried Papa, “Are you okay?” Before she could answer, all the lights went black.

Papa woke up to a really bright light in his eyes. He had no idea how long he had been asleep. It could have been hours or days. Papa could smell things and hear sounds he had never heard in his life. Diamond was the first to speak.

“Mama”, She squealed, “What is that sound?”

“I don’t know dear.” Mama whispered softly. “Papa, I think its time to leave our home.” She added. “Everyone gather up our stuff and let’s go.”

No comments:

About me

About me
My name is Allison and I am a social worker helping special needs children in the Appalachian Mountain region of Tennessee and Virginia. I guess you could call me a hillbilly since we live in the mountains. When I have some spare time, I work on the BabySparkles and their story.

BabySparkle Sparklegraphs

The baby sparkles use their lights differently than the common on-off blinking of the standard firefly.
They sign complex patterns that are called sparklegraphs. These sparkgraphs are examples of their emotions, their names, and the things they like to do.

BabySparkles: Sparkle Like Me

Cafepress: Support this blog

Support This Site
blogarama - the blog directory

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP